Kitchens made permanent chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
Susan Denise Kitchens was recently named chief of the Library Science and Knowledge Transfer Branch (LSKT), Software Engineering and Informatics Division of the Information Technology Laboratory located at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg. Kitchens has been a fixture in the ERDC/Waterways Experiment Station (WES) Library for nearly 30 years, having begun her Army career in the WES Technical Information Center in 1983. Past positions include systems librarian and she served as acting LSKT branch chief for nearly a year prior to being named to her current position.
Kitchens has a bachelor’s from Mississippi State University in history and a master’s in library and information science from the University of Southern Mississippi. She was chosen to participate in the ERDC FY12 Leadership Development Program and she currently serves as the ITL representative on the ERDC Post Restaurant Council. Career awards for Kitchens include the Commander’s Award for Civilian Service and she also served as a WES Equal Employment Opportunity counselor for 15 years and was a member of the original WES Union Partnership Council.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics