Patton replaces Slater
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
Danny Patton, the current police chief at Bevill State Community College in Jasper, Ala., is now leading the campus police department at Mississippi University for Women. The Commercial Dispatch reports Patton replaced Capt. Mary Slater, who had served as acting chief since March 21 when Kennedy Meaders left.
Patton is a 28-year veteran of the Jasper Police Department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player