Patton replaces Slater
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
Danny Patton, the current police chief at Bevill State Community College in Jasper, Ala., is now leading the campus police department at Mississippi University for Women. The Commercial Dispatch reports Patton replaced Capt. Mary Slater, who had served as acting chief since March 21 when Kennedy Meaders left.
Patton is a 28-year veteran of the Jasper Police Department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity