Search nets Hutchison
After a comprehensive national search, Michael V. Hutchison has been appointed the new vice president of institutional advancement at Millsaps College. Hutchison will serve in a senior leadership position on the executive staff of the college and will oversee the various programs and initiatives of the office of institutional advancement. His appointment will begin in early October.
For the last five years, Hutchison has worked as associate vice president for development at Hendrix College in Conway, Ark. Before working at Hendrix, Hutchison served as director of major and planned gifts at Austin College in Sherman, Texas.
Hutchison earned a bachelor of arts in psychology from McMurry College in 1987 and a master of education/educational administration from the University of Texas at El Paso in 1994.
Hutchison is a member of the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education, serving as a District IV board member and program chair for the 2013 conference.
He and his wife Monica, an elementary school music teacher, have twin daughters, Hannah and Maggie.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.