Sorrells selected as chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District team member Michael Sorrells, a civil engineer with the Engineering and Construction Division, was recently selected as chief of the water control management section. He has served as a team leader in the Vicksburg District’s Modeling, Mapping and Consequences Center with responsibility for leading engineers from five other districts in completing dam failure analysis. He also served a six-month tour as a project engineer at Camp Adder, Iraq.
Sorrells began his career with the District in 2003 as a student aide in the hydraulics branch, and after graduating from college he became a civil engineer working in hydraulics in 2007.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University, and is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi.
He is the son of Darrell and Barbara Sorrells of Pattison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects