Sorrells selected as chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District team member Michael Sorrells, a civil engineer with the Engineering and Construction Division, was recently selected as chief of the water control management section. He has served as a team leader in the Vicksburg District’s Modeling, Mapping and Consequences Center with responsibility for leading engineers from five other districts in completing dam failure analysis. He also served a six-month tour as a project engineer at Camp Adder, Iraq.
Sorrells began his career with the District in 2003 as a student aide in the hydraulics branch, and after graduating from college he became a civil engineer working in hydraulics in 2007.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University, and is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi.
He is the son of Darrell and Barbara Sorrells of Pattison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study