Sorrells selected as chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District team member Michael Sorrells, a civil engineer with the Engineering and Construction Division, was recently selected as chief of the water control management section. He has served as a team leader in the Vicksburg District’s Modeling, Mapping and Consequences Center with responsibility for leading engineers from five other districts in completing dam failure analysis. He also served a six-month tour as a project engineer at Camp Adder, Iraq.
Sorrells began his career with the District in 2003 as a student aide in the hydraulics branch, and after graduating from college he became a civil engineer working in hydraulics in 2007.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University, and is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi.
He is the son of Darrell and Barbara Sorrells of Pattison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county