Sorrells selected as chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District team member Michael Sorrells, a civil engineer with the Engineering and Construction Division, was recently selected as chief of the water control management section. He has served as a team leader in the Vicksburg District’s Modeling, Mapping and Consequences Center with responsibility for leading engineers from five other districts in completing dam failure analysis. He also served a six-month tour as a project engineer at Camp Adder, Iraq.
Sorrells began his career with the District in 2003 as a student aide in the hydraulics branch, and after graduating from college he became a civil engineer working in hydraulics in 2007.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University, and is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi.
He is the son of Darrell and Barbara Sorrells of Pattison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager