Sorrells selected as chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District team member Michael Sorrells, a civil engineer with the Engineering and Construction Division, was recently selected as chief of the water control management section. He has served as a team leader in the Vicksburg District’s Modeling, Mapping and Consequences Center with responsibility for leading engineers from five other districts in completing dam failure analysis. He also served a six-month tour as a project engineer at Camp Adder, Iraq.
Sorrells began his career with the District in 2003 as a student aide in the hydraulics branch, and after graduating from college he became a civil engineer working in hydraulics in 2007.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University, and is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi.
He is the son of Darrell and Barbara Sorrells of Pattison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again