Bathtub manufacturer dedicates Choctaw land for plant
Published: October 8,2012
Tags: bathtub, dedicate, dedication, economic development, employer, facility, indians, job, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Job Protection, Native Americans, plant, Site Selection, tribe, work, worker
PHILADELPHIA — KemPosits LLC has dedicated its plant on the Choctaw reservation where it will produce bathtubs.
Tribal Chief Phyliss Anderson tells the Neshoba Democrat the company’s $2-million investment reinforces the tribe’s business portfolio and creates jobs.
KemPosits president Charlie Quinn said the company’s products include the Eco-Elite Series of walk-in bathtubs. He praised the cooperation of the Tribal Council and local business in helping the company with its plans to open the facility.
The first product to be manufactured will be a walk-in bathtub for elderly and disabled individuals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment