Bathtub manufacturer dedicates Choctaw land for plant
Published: October 8,2012
Tags: bathtub, dedicate, dedication, economic development, employer, facility, indians, job, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Job Protection, Native Americans, plant, Site Selection, tribe, work, worker
PHILADELPHIA — KemPosits LLC has dedicated its plant on the Choctaw reservation where it will produce bathtubs.
Tribal Chief Phyliss Anderson tells the Neshoba Democrat the company’s $2-million investment reinforces the tribe’s business portfolio and creates jobs.
KemPosits president Charlie Quinn said the company’s products include the Eco-Elite Series of walk-in bathtubs. He praised the cooperation of the Tribal Council and local business in helping the company with its plans to open the facility.
The first product to be manufactured will be a walk-in bathtub for elderly and disabled individuals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year