Casino construction on schedule; opening set for December
Published: October 8,2012
Tags: casino, construction, convention, eat, economic development, employee, entertainment, food, gamble, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, job, lodging, meeting, nightlife, restaurant, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor, work, worker
NATCHEZ — Work on both the interior and exterior of Magnolia Bluffs Casino is moving along, and construction is on schedule for the casino’s opening in December.
Project manager Dennis McEvoy of FoxCor Construction tells the Natchez Democrat crews are putting the finishing touches on the cypress siding on the exterior of the building and have begun installing tiles and ceilings in the kitchen area of the casino.
McEvoy says approximately 50 percent of the paving at the site is complete.
He says the parking garage should be complete in approximately two weeks.
The 43,000-square-foot casino will have 601 slot machines, 12 table games, a center bar with 20 poker games, two restaurants and a player’s club.
The opening date for the casino is scheduled for Dec. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers