Casino construction on schedule; opening set for December
Published: October 8,2012
Tags: casino, construction, convention, eat, economic development, employee, entertainment, food, gamble, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, job, lodging, meeting, nightlife, restaurant, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor, work, worker
NATCHEZ — Work on both the interior and exterior of Magnolia Bluffs Casino is moving along, and construction is on schedule for the casino’s opening in December.
Project manager Dennis McEvoy of FoxCor Construction tells the Natchez Democrat crews are putting the finishing touches on the cypress siding on the exterior of the building and have begun installing tiles and ceilings in the kitchen area of the casino.
McEvoy says approximately 50 percent of the paving at the site is complete.
He says the parking garage should be complete in approximately two weeks.
The 43,000-square-foot casino will have 601 slot machines, 12 table games, a center bar with 20 poker games, two restaurants and a player’s club.
The opening date for the casino is scheduled for Dec. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval