Casino construction on schedule; opening set for December
by Associated Press
Published: October 8,2012
Tags: casino, construction, convention, eat, economic development, employee, entertainment, food, gamble, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, job, lodging, meeting, nightlife, restaurant, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor, work, worker
NATCHEZ — Work on both the interior and exterior of Magnolia Bluffs Casino is moving along, and construction is on schedule for the casino’s opening in December.
Project manager Dennis McEvoy of FoxCor Construction tells the Natchez Democrat crews are putting the finishing touches on the cypress siding on the exterior of the building and have begun installing tiles and ceilings in the kitchen area of the casino.
McEvoy says approximately 50 percent of the paving at the site is complete.
He says the parking garage should be complete in approximately two weeks.
The 43,000-square-foot casino will have 601 slot machines, 12 table games, a center bar with 20 poker games, two restaurants and a player’s club.
The opening date for the casino is scheduled for Dec. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month