Casino construction on schedule; opening set for December
Published: October 8,2012
Tags: casino, construction, convention, eat, economic development, employee, entertainment, food, gamble, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, job, lodging, meeting, nightlife, restaurant, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor, work, worker
NATCHEZ — Work on both the interior and exterior of Magnolia Bluffs Casino is moving along, and construction is on schedule for the casino’s opening in December.
Project manager Dennis McEvoy of FoxCor Construction tells the Natchez Democrat crews are putting the finishing touches on the cypress siding on the exterior of the building and have begun installing tiles and ceilings in the kitchen area of the casino.
McEvoy says approximately 50 percent of the paving at the site is complete.
He says the parking garage should be complete in approximately two weeks.
The 43,000-square-foot casino will have 601 slot machines, 12 table games, a center bar with 20 poker games, two restaurants and a player’s club.
The opening date for the casino is scheduled for Dec. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location