Ex-employee pleads not guilty to stealing $200K+
Published: October 8,2012
ABBEVILLE — An Abbeville woman has been indicted on embezzlement charges for allegedly stealing more than $200,000.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the indictment alleges Valerie Harmon took $20,267 between March-November 2011 while she was an employee for Action Collections, which was owned by the law firm where she worked as a notary.
A second count on the indictment alleges that, from January 2010 through July 2012, Harmon took $190,574 from the law firm where she was employed.
Harmon is free on $5,000 bond after an arraignment earlier this week in Lafayette County Circuit Court. She pleaded not guilty.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015