Ex-employee pleads not guilty to stealing $200K+
Published: October 8,2012
ABBEVILLE — An Abbeville woman has been indicted on embezzlement charges for allegedly stealing more than $200,000.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the indictment alleges Valerie Harmon took $20,267 between March-November 2011 while she was an employee for Action Collections, which was owned by the law firm where she worked as a notary.
A second count on the indictment alleges that, from January 2010 through July 2012, Harmon took $190,574 from the law firm where she was employed.
Harmon is free on $5,000 bond after an arraignment earlier this week in Lafayette County Circuit Court. She pleaded not guilty.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal