Ex-employee pleads not guilty to stealing $200K+
Published: October 8,2012
ABBEVILLE — An Abbeville woman has been indicted on embezzlement charges for allegedly stealing more than $200,000.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the indictment alleges Valerie Harmon took $20,267 between March-November 2011 while she was an employee for Action Collections, which was owned by the law firm where she worked as a notary.
A second count on the indictment alleges that, from January 2010 through July 2012, Harmon took $190,574 from the law firm where she was employed.
Harmon is free on $5,000 bond after an arraignment earlier this week in Lafayette County Circuit Court. She pleaded not guilty.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state