Ex-employee pleads not guilty to stealing $200K+
by Associated Press
Published: October 8,2012
ABBEVILLE — An Abbeville woman has been indicted on embezzlement charges for allegedly stealing more than $200,000.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the indictment alleges Valerie Harmon took $20,267 between March-November 2011 while she was an employee for Action Collections, which was owned by the law firm where she worked as a notary.
A second count on the indictment alleges that, from January 2010 through July 2012, Harmon took $190,574 from the law firm where she was employed.
Harmon is free on $5,000 bond after an arraignment earlier this week in Lafayette County Circuit Court. She pleaded not guilty.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program