Ex-employee pleads not guilty to stealing $200K+
Published: October 8,2012
ABBEVILLE — An Abbeville woman has been indicted on embezzlement charges for allegedly stealing more than $200,000.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the indictment alleges Valerie Harmon took $20,267 between March-November 2011 while she was an employee for Action Collections, which was owned by the law firm where she worked as a notary.
A second count on the indictment alleges that, from January 2010 through July 2012, Harmon took $190,574 from the law firm where she was employed.
Harmon is free on $5,000 bond after an arraignment earlier this week in Lafayette County Circuit Court. She pleaded not guilty.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth