Town installing solar panels at water well
by Associated Press
Published: October 8,2012
VAEDAMAN — The town of Vardaman is installing solar panels at one of its three water wells.
WCBI-TV reports Norman Griffin of Blue Spectra Solar is providing a 50,000-watt system that will produce about 90,000 kilowatts of electricity a year.
Mayor James Casey says Vardaman uses 84,000 kilowatts each year.
Casey says the solar panels will be installed on the town’s largest water well. He says the well uses about $1,000 of electricity a month. He says the panels will furnish electricity for that well.
Griffin hopes to have it on line within 30 days.
After 10 years, Casey said the town will take over operation of the solar facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State