Town installing solar panels at water well
Published: October 8,2012
VAEDAMAN — The town of Vardaman is installing solar panels at one of its three water wells.
WCBI-TV reports Norman Griffin of Blue Spectra Solar is providing a 50,000-watt system that will produce about 90,000 kilowatts of electricity a year.
Mayor James Casey says Vardaman uses 84,000 kilowatts each year.
Casey says the solar panels will be installed on the town’s largest water well. He says the well uses about $1,000 of electricity a month. He says the panels will furnish electricity for that well.
Griffin hopes to have it on line within 30 days.
After 10 years, Casey said the town will take over operation of the solar facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years