Town installing solar panels at water well
Published: October 8,2012
VAEDAMAN — The town of Vardaman is installing solar panels at one of its three water wells.
WCBI-TV reports Norman Griffin of Blue Spectra Solar is providing a 50,000-watt system that will produce about 90,000 kilowatts of electricity a year.
Mayor James Casey says Vardaman uses 84,000 kilowatts each year.
Casey says the solar panels will be installed on the town’s largest water well. He says the well uses about $1,000 of electricity a month. He says the panels will furnish electricity for that well.
Griffin hopes to have it on line within 30 days.
After 10 years, Casey said the town will take over operation of the solar facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma