Town installing solar panels at water well
Published: October 8,2012
VAEDAMAN — The town of Vardaman is installing solar panels at one of its three water wells.
WCBI-TV reports Norman Griffin of Blue Spectra Solar is providing a 50,000-watt system that will produce about 90,000 kilowatts of electricity a year.
Mayor James Casey says Vardaman uses 84,000 kilowatts each year.
Casey says the solar panels will be installed on the town’s largest water well. He says the well uses about $1,000 of electricity a month. He says the panels will furnish electricity for that well.
Griffin hopes to have it on line within 30 days.
After 10 years, Casey said the town will take over operation of the solar facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports