Town installing solar panels at water well
by Associated Press
Published: October 8,2012
VAEDAMAN — The town of Vardaman is installing solar panels at one of its three water wells.
WCBI-TV reports Norman Griffin of Blue Spectra Solar is providing a 50,000-watt system that will produce about 90,000 kilowatts of electricity a year.
Mayor James Casey says Vardaman uses 84,000 kilowatts each year.
Casey says the solar panels will be installed on the town’s largest water well. He says the well uses about $1,000 of electricity a month. He says the panels will furnish electricity for that well.
Griffin hopes to have it on line within 30 days.
After 10 years, Casey said the town will take over operation of the solar facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015