Veteran journalist Frank Brown joins staff of MBJ
by Clay Chandler
Published: October 8,2012
Frank Brown started at the Mississippi Business Journal Oct. 2, coming from the Huntsville Times in Alabama, where he had served an online editor and page designer since 2005.
Before that, Brown served as the executive editor of the Delta Democrat Times in Greenville. He spent 20 years at the Clarion-Ledger in Jackson before his time at the DDT.
Brown has more than 30 years’ total experience in the newspaper industry.
He received a bachelor of arts in communications degree from the University of Alabama, starting his career as a sports writer and sports copy editor at the Decatur Daily in Decatur, Ala.
At the Mississippi Business Journal, Brown will produce the publication’s special sections and cover the technology beat.
“I look forward to the opportunity,” Brown said. “MBJ has a proud tradition and I’m thrilled to be a part of it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities