Veteran journalist Frank Brown joins staff of MBJ
Published: October 8,2012
Frank Brown started at the Mississippi Business Journal Oct. 2, coming from the Huntsville Times in Alabama, where he had served an online editor and page designer since 2005.
Before that, Brown served as the executive editor of the Delta Democrat Times in Greenville. He spent 20 years at the Clarion-Ledger in Jackson before his time at the DDT.
Brown has more than 30 years’ total experience in the newspaper industry.
He received a bachelor of arts in communications degree from the University of Alabama, starting his career as a sports writer and sports copy editor at the Decatur Daily in Decatur, Ala.
At the Mississippi Business Journal, Brown will produce the publication’s special sections and cover the technology beat.
“I look forward to the opportunity,” Brown said. “MBJ has a proud tradition and I’m thrilled to be a part of it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment