Entergy, ITC file spin-off request with PSC
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2012
JACKSON — Entergy Mississippi Inc., in conjunction with ITC Holdings Corp. and ITC Midsouth LLC, has filed a request with the Mississippi Public Service Commission to spin off the Mississippi electric transmission business and merge it into a subsidiary of ITC.
The Mississippi filing continues the multi-state and federal regulatory process seeking approval for the transaction announced last year by Entergy Corporation and ITC.
Entergy is seeking approval to transfer more than 15,800 miles of interconnected transmission lines at voltages of 69kV and above and the associated substations to ITC. ITC will then be one of the largest electric transmission companies in the U.S., with more than 30,000 miles of transmission lines spanning from the Great Lakes to the Gulf Coast.
Entergy’s operating companies will continue to own and operate their respective distribution and generation businesses and will provide customer service, billing, outage reporting and restoration services to homes and businesses in the region.
Joseph L. Welch, ITC chairman, president and CEO, said, “ITC’s new regional headquarters will be in Jackson, and we are excited about working with local stakeholders, customers and members of the business community.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015