Entergy, ITC file spin-off request with PSC
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2012
JACKSON — Entergy Mississippi Inc., in conjunction with ITC Holdings Corp. and ITC Midsouth LLC, has filed a request with the Mississippi Public Service Commission to spin off the Mississippi electric transmission business and merge it into a subsidiary of ITC.
The Mississippi filing continues the multi-state and federal regulatory process seeking approval for the transaction announced last year by Entergy Corporation and ITC.
Entergy is seeking approval to transfer more than 15,800 miles of interconnected transmission lines at voltages of 69kV and above and the associated substations to ITC. ITC will then be one of the largest electric transmission companies in the U.S., with more than 30,000 miles of transmission lines spanning from the Great Lakes to the Gulf Coast.
Entergy’s operating companies will continue to own and operate their respective distribution and generation businesses and will provide customer service, billing, outage reporting and restoration services to homes and businesses in the region.
Joseph L. Welch, ITC chairman, president and CEO, said, “ITC’s new regional headquarters will be in Jackson, and we are excited about working with local stakeholders, customers and members of the business community.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him