Trustmark, BancTrust extend merger deadline into 2013
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2012
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation and BancTrust Financial Group Inc. report the definitive agreement dated May 28, 2012, pursuant to which BancTrust would merge into Trustmark, has been amended to accommodate the closing of the merger in early 2013.
As such, the latest possible closing date for the merger has been extended from Dec. 31, 2012, to Feb. 28, 2013.
According to a joint statement, this extension provides additional time in which to receive regulatory approval as well as to ensure a smooth transition and operational conversion to Trustmark systems in early 2013. All other material aspects of the definitive agreement remain unchanged.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark, stated, “BancTrust and Trustmark associates have been diligently working together to ensure a seamless experience for BancTrust customers through the conversion and integration process. We are very pleased with our progress thus far. Recognizing that regulatory approvals may not be obtained in time for the merger and integration processes to be completed prior to year-end, we worked together with BancTrust management and developed a revised timeline that we thought was best for all concerned. We anticipate regulatory approvals later this year or in early 2013, and we are planning for a closing in late January, but no later than February 28, 2013.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center