County to sell hundreds of tax-delinquent mobile homes
by Associated Press
Published: October 12,2012
MERIDIAN — Lauderdale County plans to sell off more than 200 mobile homes for which taxes are still owed.
Tax collector Stanley Shannon tells The Meridian Star if the taxes aren’t paid by the day before the tax sale, then the mobile home will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Shannon says there is a minimum bid on each mobile home, which includes taxes, interest and penalties. The maximum bid, after taxes, interest and penalties, will be accepted, he said.
The last day to pay overdue taxes on mobile homes is Monday.
The sale will be held next Tuesday at 11 a.m. in the board of supervisors meeting room in the county annex.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute