County to sell hundreds of tax-delinquent mobile homes
Published: October 12,2012
MERIDIAN — Lauderdale County plans to sell off more than 200 mobile homes for which taxes are still owed.
Tax collector Stanley Shannon tells The Meridian Star if the taxes aren’t paid by the day before the tax sale, then the mobile home will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Shannon says there is a minimum bid on each mobile home, which includes taxes, interest and penalties. The maximum bid, after taxes, interest and penalties, will be accepted, he said.
The last day to pay overdue taxes on mobile homes is Monday.
The sale will be held next Tuesday at 11 a.m. in the board of supervisors meeting room in the county annex.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs