County to sell hundreds of tax-delinquent mobile homes
by Associated Press
Published: October 12,2012
MERIDIAN — Lauderdale County plans to sell off more than 200 mobile homes for which taxes are still owed.
Tax collector Stanley Shannon tells The Meridian Star if the taxes aren’t paid by the day before the tax sale, then the mobile home will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Shannon says there is a minimum bid on each mobile home, which includes taxes, interest and penalties. The maximum bid, after taxes, interest and penalties, will be accepted, he said.
The last day to pay overdue taxes on mobile homes is Monday.
The sale will be held next Tuesday at 11 a.m. in the board of supervisors meeting room in the county annex.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones