County to sell hundreds of tax-delinquent mobile homes
Published: October 12,2012
MERIDIAN — Lauderdale County plans to sell off more than 200 mobile homes for which taxes are still owed.
Tax collector Stanley Shannon tells The Meridian Star if the taxes aren’t paid by the day before the tax sale, then the mobile home will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Shannon says there is a minimum bid on each mobile home, which includes taxes, interest and penalties. The maximum bid, after taxes, interest and penalties, will be accepted, he said.
The last day to pay overdue taxes on mobile homes is Monday.
The sale will be held next Tuesday at 11 a.m. in the board of supervisors meeting room in the county annex.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program