County to sell hundreds of tax-delinquent mobile homes
by Associated Press
Published: October 12,2012
MERIDIAN — Lauderdale County plans to sell off more than 200 mobile homes for which taxes are still owed.
Tax collector Stanley Shannon tells The Meridian Star if the taxes aren’t paid by the day before the tax sale, then the mobile home will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Shannon says there is a minimum bid on each mobile home, which includes taxes, interest and penalties. The maximum bid, after taxes, interest and penalties, will be accepted, he said.
The last day to pay overdue taxes on mobile homes is Monday.
The sale will be held next Tuesday at 11 a.m. in the board of supervisors meeting room in the county annex.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Nullification and interposition