Towns join new regional economic development group
Published: October 12,2012
OKOLONA — The town of Okolona will join with a regional alliance to work to attract jobs to Chickasaw, Union and Pontotoc counties.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the group will recruit new industry and assist existing businesses with growth and economic development grants.
The town of Houston also has joined the alliance.
The board did ask for clarification on the annual $20,000 fee to be paid by Okolona. Under the agreement, Houston will chip in $20,000 and Chickasaw County will contribute $40,000.
Okolona Mayor Louise Floyd-Cole says if the alliance can do for us what the PUL (Pontotoc, Union, Lee) did, it will be great opportunity for the region.
The PUL alliance was a driving factor in bringing Toyota’s auto plant to Blue Springs.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'