Porter assumes presidency
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 15,2012
Glynn Griffing and Associates recently named Kimberly Griffing Porter as president. Porter replaces company founder Glynn Griffing, who will remain as CEO. Prior to her selection, Porter served as vice president and financial officer for GGA and its sister firm, Glynn Griffing and Associates, Administrators.
Before beginning her career in employee benefits and insurance, Porter enjoyed a successful career in music. An award-winning singer, her highlights include a performance as principal soloist at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., with world-renowned composer and conductor John Rutter; performing as the principal soloist in the world premiere of Mississippi composer James Sclater’s “Witness to Matters Human and Divine;” and, traveling the world performing as a principal soloist with the New England Youth Orchestra and Choir.
Porter has been a member of the Junior League of Jackson since 1998, serving on the board of directors and in multiple leadership positions for special projects such as Mistletoe Marketplace and the Mississippi Children’s Museum. She was a 2012 top 10 finalist for the Mississippi Business Journal’s Business Woman of the Year.
Porter is a graduate of the University of Mississippi and Boston University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Nullification and interposition
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable