Vandals wreck foundation’s office — take nothing
Published: October 15,2012
NATCHEZ — Would-be thieves burglarized and vandalized the Historic Natchez Foundation’s office over the weekend.
Executive Director Mimi Miller said she received a call at 12:10 a.m. Saturday.
When she arrived, Miller told The Natchez Democrat she found where the vandals had thrown a potted plant from the HNF’s front porch through a window, scattering glass and dirt across the floor.
When the thieves entered the building, Miller says the thieves apparently ran to the back of the building knocking over crates, before entering an office space, where they swept a desk clear but did not touch any of the electronics in the room.
While the would-be thieves left a mess behind, Miller says it appears nothing was actually taken.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'