Vandals wreck foundation’s office — take nothing
Published: October 15,2012
NATCHEZ — Would-be thieves burglarized and vandalized the Historic Natchez Foundation’s office over the weekend.
Executive Director Mimi Miller said she received a call at 12:10 a.m. Saturday.
When she arrived, Miller told The Natchez Democrat she found where the vandals had thrown a potted plant from the HNF’s front porch through a window, scattering glass and dirt across the floor.
When the thieves entered the building, Miller says the thieves apparently ran to the back of the building knocking over crates, before entering an office space, where they swept a desk clear but did not touch any of the electronics in the room.
While the would-be thieves left a mess behind, Miller says it appears nothing was actually taken.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not