Vandals wreck foundation’s office — take nothing
by Associated Press
Published: October 15,2012
NATCHEZ — Would-be thieves burglarized and vandalized the Historic Natchez Foundation’s office over the weekend.
Executive Director Mimi Miller said she received a call at 12:10 a.m. Saturday.
When she arrived, Miller told The Natchez Democrat she found where the vandals had thrown a potted plant from the HNF’s front porch through a window, scattering glass and dirt across the floor.
When the thieves entered the building, Miller says the thieves apparently ran to the back of the building knocking over crates, before entering an office space, where they swept a desk clear but did not touch any of the electronics in the room.
While the would-be thieves left a mess behind, Miller says it appears nothing was actually taken.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'