MDEQ lifts beach closure following sewage spill last month
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2012
BAY ST. LOUIS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has lifted a temporary water contact advisory issued Sept. 24 for Joe’s Bayou near Felicity Street in Bay St. Louis.
The advisory was issued due to a sewer spill from a malfunctioning pump station.
The advisory covered Joe’s Bayou and adjacent waters in the Bay of St. Louis from Cameron Island at Harrison Road near the mouth of the Jourdan River to Dunbar Avenue.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue