MDEQ lifts beach closure following sewage spill last month
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2012
BAY ST. LOUIS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has lifted a temporary water contact advisory issued Sept. 24 for Joe’s Bayou near Felicity Street in Bay St. Louis.
The advisory was issued due to a sewer spill from a malfunctioning pump station.
The advisory covered Joe’s Bayou and adjacent waters in the Bay of St. Louis from Cameron Island at Harrison Road near the mouth of the Jourdan River to Dunbar Avenue.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing