MDEQ lifts beach closure following sewage spill last month
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2012
BAY ST. LOUIS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has lifted a temporary water contact advisory issued Sept. 24 for Joe’s Bayou near Felicity Street in Bay St. Louis.
The advisory was issued due to a sewer spill from a malfunctioning pump station.
The advisory covered Joe’s Bayou and adjacent waters in the Bay of St. Louis from Cameron Island at Harrison Road near the mouth of the Jourdan River to Dunbar Avenue.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves