MDEQ lifts beach closure following sewage spill last month
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2012
BAY ST. LOUIS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has lifted a temporary water contact advisory issued Sept. 24 for Joe’s Bayou near Felicity Street in Bay St. Louis.
The advisory was issued due to a sewer spill from a malfunctioning pump station.
The advisory covered Joe’s Bayou and adjacent waters in the Bay of St. Louis from Cameron Island at Harrison Road near the mouth of the Jourdan River to Dunbar Avenue.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge