Missing woman now suspected of embezzlement
Published: October 16,2012
CRYSTAL SPRINGS — Linda Gale Reed, a Copiah County woman last seen on April 29, is now wanted for embezzlement.
Sheriff Harold Jones says an audit and investigation have revealed money missing from the petty cash fund at Moore Fabrications and Machine, where the 65-year-old Reed was bookkeeper.
Jones says Reed had check-writing authority at her employer. She had worked for the company since 1999.
On April 30, Reed’s gray Chevy Equinox was found on an overgrown logging road off I-55, south of Crystal Springs. Inside the vehicle investigators found her purse, money, glasses and cellphone.
She lived in Carrollton but during the week worked and stayed in a mobile home on her employer’s property.
The night she disappeared, co-workers said Reed went to Walmart and was never seen again.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange