Missing woman now suspected of embezzlement
Published: October 16,2012
CRYSTAL SPRINGS — Linda Gale Reed, a Copiah County woman last seen on April 29, is now wanted for embezzlement.
Sheriff Harold Jones says an audit and investigation have revealed money missing from the petty cash fund at Moore Fabrications and Machine, where the 65-year-old Reed was bookkeeper.
Jones says Reed had check-writing authority at her employer. She had worked for the company since 1999.
On April 30, Reed’s gray Chevy Equinox was found on an overgrown logging road off I-55, south of Crystal Springs. Inside the vehicle investigators found her purse, money, glasses and cellphone.
She lived in Carrollton but during the week worked and stayed in a mobile home on her employer’s property.
The night she disappeared, co-workers said Reed went to Walmart and was never seen again.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case