Missing woman now suspected of embezzlement
Published: October 16,2012
CRYSTAL SPRINGS — Linda Gale Reed, a Copiah County woman last seen on April 29, is now wanted for embezzlement.
Sheriff Harold Jones says an audit and investigation have revealed money missing from the petty cash fund at Moore Fabrications and Machine, where the 65-year-old Reed was bookkeeper.
Jones says Reed had check-writing authority at her employer. She had worked for the company since 1999.
On April 30, Reed’s gray Chevy Equinox was found on an overgrown logging road off I-55, south of Crystal Springs. Inside the vehicle investigators found her purse, money, glasses and cellphone.
She lived in Carrollton but during the week worked and stayed in a mobile home on her employer’s property.
The night she disappeared, co-workers said Reed went to Walmart and was never seen again.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones