Missing woman now suspected of embezzlement
by Associated Press
Published: October 16,2012
CRYSTAL SPRINGS — Linda Gale Reed, a Copiah County woman last seen on April 29, is now wanted for embezzlement.
Sheriff Harold Jones says an audit and investigation have revealed money missing from the petty cash fund at Moore Fabrications and Machine, where the 65-year-old Reed was bookkeeper.
Jones says Reed had check-writing authority at her employer. She had worked for the company since 1999.
On April 30, Reed’s gray Chevy Equinox was found on an overgrown logging road off I-55, south of Crystal Springs. Inside the vehicle investigators found her purse, money, glasses and cellphone.
She lived in Carrollton but during the week worked and stayed in a mobile home on her employer’s property.
The night she disappeared, co-workers said Reed went to Walmart and was never seen again.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case