Officials say citizens reconsidered, now want rezoning
Published: October 17,2012
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville officials have opened more land for economic development, changing the zoning on the southwest portion of the intersection of interstates 10 and 110 from mostly residential to commercial.
The Sun Herald reports the city had tried to rezone the property a few years ago, but residents objected.
Deonne Olier, city planning and zoning director, said this time they wanted the change.
The boundaries are south of I-10, west of I-110, north of Big Ridge Road and east of Old 677.
The site of Ocean Expo aquarium is within the newly rezoned area on a plot already zoned commercial.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment