Officials say citizens reconsidered, now want rezoning
Published: October 17,2012
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville officials have opened more land for economic development, changing the zoning on the southwest portion of the intersection of interstates 10 and 110 from mostly residential to commercial.
The Sun Herald reports the city had tried to rezone the property a few years ago, but residents objected.
Deonne Olier, city planning and zoning director, said this time they wanted the change.
The boundaries are south of I-10, west of I-110, north of Big Ridge Road and east of Old 677.
The site of Ocean Expo aquarium is within the newly rezoned area on a plot already zoned commercial.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)