Officials say citizens reconsidered, now want rezoning
by Associated Press
Published: October 17,2012
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville officials have opened more land for economic development, changing the zoning on the southwest portion of the intersection of interstates 10 and 110 from mostly residential to commercial.
The Sun Herald reports the city had tried to rezone the property a few years ago, but residents objected.
Deonne Olier, city planning and zoning director, said this time they wanted the change.
The boundaries are south of I-10, west of I-110, north of Big Ridge Road and east of Old 677.
The site of Ocean Expo aquarium is within the newly rezoned area on a plot already zoned commercial.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones