Investigators discover stockpile of stolen goods, equipment
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2012
CLAIBORNE COUNTY — Investigators with the Mississippi Agricultural and Livestock Theft Bureau, the law enforcement division of the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC), in conjunction with the Claiborne County Sheriff’s Department and the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, have seized a large amount of stolen property and equipment valued in excess of $200,000 that was taken from area residences, farms and hunting camps.
Following a lengthy investigation by these agencies, a search warrant was issued for property located on Curtis Lester Road in Claiborne County. While executing the search warrant, investigators discovered stolen property, which included vehicles, tractors, farm implements, ATVs, construction equipment as well as guns and other various items. Some of the recovered items were reported stolen as far back as 2001.
MDAC reports investigators are still in the process of identifying all of the stolen items recovered during the search warrant. One arrest has been made at this time, and more are expected. The investigation is currently ongoing, and additional information will be released at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center