Investigators discover stockpile of stolen goods, equipment
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2012
CLAIBORNE COUNTY — Investigators with the Mississippi Agricultural and Livestock Theft Bureau, the law enforcement division of the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC), in conjunction with the Claiborne County Sheriff’s Department and the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, have seized a large amount of stolen property and equipment valued in excess of $200,000 that was taken from area residences, farms and hunting camps.
Following a lengthy investigation by these agencies, a search warrant was issued for property located on Curtis Lester Road in Claiborne County. While executing the search warrant, investigators discovered stolen property, which included vehicles, tractors, farm implements, ATVs, construction equipment as well as guns and other various items. Some of the recovered items were reported stolen as far back as 2001.
MDAC reports investigators are still in the process of identifying all of the stolen items recovered during the search warrant. One arrest has been made at this time, and more are expected. The investigation is currently ongoing, and additional information will be released at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities