Investigators discover stockpile of stolen goods, equipment
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2012
CLAIBORNE COUNTY — Investigators with the Mississippi Agricultural and Livestock Theft Bureau, the law enforcement division of the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC), in conjunction with the Claiborne County Sheriff’s Department and the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, have seized a large amount of stolen property and equipment valued in excess of $200,000 that was taken from area residences, farms and hunting camps.
Following a lengthy investigation by these agencies, a search warrant was issued for property located on Curtis Lester Road in Claiborne County. While executing the search warrant, investigators discovered stolen property, which included vehicles, tractors, farm implements, ATVs, construction equipment as well as guns and other various items. Some of the recovered items were reported stolen as far back as 2001.
MDAC reports investigators are still in the process of identifying all of the stolen items recovered during the search warrant. One arrest has been made at this time, and more are expected. The investigation is currently ongoing, and additional information will be released at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month