Gould named interim leader
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 22,2012
Dr. Trent Gould will serve as interim director of the School of Human Performance and Recreation (HPR) at the University of Southern Mississippi until a permanent director is named. Gould, a member of the HPR faculty since 2003, has served as the school’s director for the previous three summer sessions. He takes over the department’s reins from Rick Green, who resigned as director in August.
Dr. Michael Forster, dean of the College of Health at USM, said a national search for a director has just begun, with the search committee chaired by Dr. Tim Rehner, director of the School of Social Work.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November