Gould named interim leader
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 22,2012
Dr. Trent Gould will serve as interim director of the School of Human Performance and Recreation (HPR) at the University of Southern Mississippi until a permanent director is named. Gould, a member of the HPR faculty since 2003, has served as the school’s director for the previous three summer sessions. He takes over the department’s reins from Rick Green, who resigned as director in August.
Dr. Michael Forster, dean of the College of Health at USM, said a national search for a director has just begun, with the search committee chaired by Dr. Tim Rehner, director of the School of Social Work.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up