Gould named interim leader
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 22,2012
Dr. Trent Gould will serve as interim director of the School of Human Performance and Recreation (HPR) at the University of Southern Mississippi until a permanent director is named. Gould, a member of the HPR faculty since 2003, has served as the school’s director for the previous three summer sessions. He takes over the department’s reins from Rick Green, who resigned as director in August.
Dr. Michael Forster, dean of the College of Health at USM, said a national search for a director has just begun, with the search committee chaired by Dr. Tim Rehner, director of the School of Social Work.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way