AT&T offering reward in effort to solve copper thefts
by Chris Elkins
Published: October 24,2012
LAUDERDALE COUNTY — AT&T is offering a reward of up to $1,000 to solve incidents of copper theft from telephone cables. The reward is for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
WTOK TV reports the thefts happened in Meridian and Lauderdale County.
AT&T says the steady rise in the market price of copper in the last few years and the down economy has led some thieves to extreme measures, including stealing copper cables from facilities and telephone poles.
The phone company says it’s working with law enforcement agencies and scrap metal dealers in the county to solve the cases.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge