California firm awarded Stennis contract modification
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. of Pasadena, Calif., has received a modification for its facility operations service contract at NASA’s Stennis Space Center in Hancock County, adding facility operating services for the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant (MSAAP) following a 14-month transition.
The contract modification is valued at $15 million including award terms.
Under the terms of the contract modification, Jacobs provides facility-operating services to include: engineering services; institutional services; facilities maintenance and operations; safety and mission assurance; environmental services; occupational health; logistics and maintenance; and administrative services for the MSAAP.
Ownership of the MSAAP was transferred to NASA in 2011 as a result of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Commission actions. The 1.6 million square feet of facility space in what is now referred to as Area 9 is home to more than a dozen commercial and government tenants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge