California firm awarded Stennis contract modification
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. of Pasadena, Calif., has received a modification for its facility operations service contract at NASA’s Stennis Space Center in Hancock County, adding facility operating services for the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant (MSAAP) following a 14-month transition.
The contract modification is valued at $15 million including award terms.
Under the terms of the contract modification, Jacobs provides facility-operating services to include: engineering services; institutional services; facilities maintenance and operations; safety and mission assurance; environmental services; occupational health; logistics and maintenance; and administrative services for the MSAAP.
Ownership of the MSAAP was transferred to NASA in 2011 as a result of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Commission actions. The 1.6 million square feet of facility space in what is now referred to as Area 9 is home to more than a dozen commercial and government tenants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP