California firm awarded Stennis contract modification
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. of Pasadena, Calif., has received a modification for its facility operations service contract at NASA’s Stennis Space Center in Hancock County, adding facility operating services for the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant (MSAAP) following a 14-month transition.
The contract modification is valued at $15 million including award terms.
Under the terms of the contract modification, Jacobs provides facility-operating services to include: engineering services; institutional services; facilities maintenance and operations; safety and mission assurance; environmental services; occupational health; logistics and maintenance; and administrative services for the MSAAP.
Ownership of the MSAAP was transferred to NASA in 2011 as a result of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Commission actions. The 1.6 million square feet of facility space in what is now referred to as Area 9 is home to more than a dozen commercial and government tenants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus