California firm awarded Stennis contract modification
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. of Pasadena, Calif., has received a modification for its facility operations service contract at NASA’s Stennis Space Center in Hancock County, adding facility operating services for the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant (MSAAP) following a 14-month transition.
The contract modification is valued at $15 million including award terms.
Under the terms of the contract modification, Jacobs provides facility-operating services to include: engineering services; institutional services; facilities maintenance and operations; safety and mission assurance; environmental services; occupational health; logistics and maintenance; and administrative services for the MSAAP.
Ownership of the MSAAP was transferred to NASA in 2011 as a result of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Commission actions. The 1.6 million square feet of facility space in what is now referred to as Area 9 is home to more than a dozen commercial and government tenants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- City, state to hold second sale of tax-forfeited property
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies