California firm awarded Stennis contract modification
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. of Pasadena, Calif., has received a modification for its facility operations service contract at NASA’s Stennis Space Center in Hancock County, adding facility operating services for the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant (MSAAP) following a 14-month transition.
The contract modification is valued at $15 million including award terms.
Under the terms of the contract modification, Jacobs provides facility-operating services to include: engineering services; institutional services; facilities maintenance and operations; safety and mission assurance; environmental services; occupational health; logistics and maintenance; and administrative services for the MSAAP.
Ownership of the MSAAP was transferred to NASA in 2011 as a result of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Commission actions. The 1.6 million square feet of facility space in what is now referred to as Area 9 is home to more than a dozen commercial and government tenants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State