CEO elected to board of American Banking Association
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
GULFPORT — John Hairston, CEO of Hancock Holding Co., has been elected to the board of directors of the American Banking Association.
Hancock Holding is the parent of Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank.
The Sun Herald reports Hairston’s election took place at the organization’s recent meeting in San Diego. He is one of nine members elected to the board and one of six who will serve a three-year term.
Hairston, a Gulfport native, joined Hancock Bank in 1994 as COO. He also is chairman of the Mississippi Gaming Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more