CEO elected to board of American Banking Association
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
GULFPORT — John Hairston, CEO of Hancock Holding Co., has been elected to the board of directors of the American Banking Association.
Hancock Holding is the parent of Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank.
The Sun Herald reports Hairston’s election took place at the organization’s recent meeting in San Diego. He is one of nine members elected to the board and one of six who will serve a three-year term.
Hairston, a Gulfport native, joined Hancock Bank in 1994 as COO. He also is chairman of the Mississippi Gaming Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- FEMA awards grant to defray costs of moving tornado-damaged hospital