City asking homeowners to let hunters shoot deer
Published: October 25,2012
OXFORD — Officials are trying to control the local deer population, and they’re urging homeowners to let certified bow hunters harvest deer from their property.
Emergency management coordinator Jimmy Allgood tells The Oxford Eagle he has all the hunters he needs. But for the program to be effective, he needs homeowners to sign up.
Allgood said he gets 20 to 30 calls each week from people interested in having deer harvested from their property, but only one or two a week fill out the paperwork. The one-page form is available on the city website.
He says people need to fill out a new form every season.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment