Commissioner asking for help in hunt for ‘Rachel’
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
JACKSON — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley is asking the general public who are registered on the Mississippi Do-Not Call list to report automated calls coming from “Rachel from Card Holder Services.”
Presley said these calls have been the largest invasion of Mississippians’ privacy by a telemarketing scheme in years and that his office is working with the Federal Trade Commission and others to stop them.
Presley said citizens can report the calls to his office by phone at 1-800-637-7722 or 1-800-356-6428 or at www.psc.state.ms.us/.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up