Commissioner asking for help in hunt for ‘Rachel’
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
JACKSON — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley is asking the general public who are registered on the Mississippi Do-Not Call list to report automated calls coming from “Rachel from Card Holder Services.”
Presley said these calls have been the largest invasion of Mississippians’ privacy by a telemarketing scheme in years and that his office is working with the Federal Trade Commission and others to stop them.
Presley said citizens can report the calls to his office by phone at 1-800-637-7722 or 1-800-356-6428 or at www.psc.state.ms.us/.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force