Commissioner asking for help in hunt for ‘Rachel’
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2012
JACKSON — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley is asking the general public who are registered on the Mississippi Do-Not Call list to report automated calls coming from “Rachel from Card Holder Services.”
Presley said these calls have been the largest invasion of Mississippians’ privacy by a telemarketing scheme in years and that his office is working with the Federal Trade Commission and others to stop them.
Presley said citizens can report the calls to his office by phone at 1-800-637-7722 or 1-800-356-6428 or at www.psc.state.ms.us/.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow