Memorial Gulfport staff officers elected
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 29,2012
Memorial at Gulfport medical staff officers were recently elected, and they will serve through 2014. David Northington, D.O., was elected chief of staff. Northington was appointed to the staff in October 2003. He is the medical director of the hospitalist program at Memorial. He is a graduate of the University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Mo., and completed his internship and residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio. Northington served as Memorial staff secretary-treasurer from 2008 to 2010 and vice-chief of staff from 2010-2012.
Alton Dauterive, M.D., was elected vice-chief of staff. Dauterive is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons who was appointed to the staff of Memorial in July 1986. He is a graduate of Tulane School of Medicine in New Orleans, and completed his internship and residency at Charity Hospital in New Orleans and his fellowship in vascular surgery at LSU School of Medicine. Dauterive served as secretary-treasurer from 2010-2012.
Charles Slonaker, M.D., was elected secretary-treasurer. Slonaker is board certified in blood banking, clinical pathology and anatomic pathology. He is a graduate of the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis, Tenn. He was fellowship trained in blood banking at St. Luke’s Episcopal in Houston, Texas, and completed his pathology residency at St. Luke’s Episcopal and the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. He has been practicing on the Gulf Coast for over 30 years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren