New career tech center prepares for first students
Published: October 29,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — DeSoto County School’s new career technology center is almost finished.
The career technology center, located in the Olive Branch Metro Industrial Park, is expected to be filled with students within a few days.
DeSoto County Schools partnered financially with the City of Olive Branch and DeSoto County government to renovate the warehouse and create the new $709,400 tech center.
The Commercial Appeal reports the center is designed to provide students an easy transition from high school to continuing skills education at the technology center.
Qualifying students may choose from a variety of fields — transportation and logistics, public safety, health sciences or industrial maintenance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters