New career tech center prepares for first students
by Associated Press
Published: October 29,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — DeSoto County School’s new career technology center is almost finished.
The career technology center, located in the Olive Branch Metro Industrial Park, is expected to be filled with students within a few days.
DeSoto County Schools partnered financially with the City of Olive Branch and DeSoto County government to renovate the warehouse and create the new $709,400 tech center.
The Commercial Appeal reports the center is designed to provide students an easy transition from high school to continuing skills education at the technology center.
Qualifying students may choose from a variety of fields — transportation and logistics, public safety, health sciences or industrial maintenance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy