New career tech center prepares for first students
Published: October 29,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — DeSoto County School’s new career technology center is almost finished.
The career technology center, located in the Olive Branch Metro Industrial Park, is expected to be filled with students within a few days.
DeSoto County Schools partnered financially with the City of Olive Branch and DeSoto County government to renovate the warehouse and create the new $709,400 tech center.
The Commercial Appeal reports the center is designed to provide students an easy transition from high school to continuing skills education at the technology center.
Qualifying students may choose from a variety of fields — transportation and logistics, public safety, health sciences or industrial maintenance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image