New career tech center prepares for first students
Published: October 29,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — DeSoto County School’s new career technology center is almost finished.
The career technology center, located in the Olive Branch Metro Industrial Park, is expected to be filled with students within a few days.
DeSoto County Schools partnered financially with the City of Olive Branch and DeSoto County government to renovate the warehouse and create the new $709,400 tech center.
The Commercial Appeal reports the center is designed to provide students an easy transition from high school to continuing skills education at the technology center.
Qualifying students may choose from a variety of fields — transportation and logistics, public safety, health sciences or industrial maintenance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal