New career tech center prepares for first students
by Associated Press
Published: October 29,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — DeSoto County School’s new career technology center is almost finished.
The career technology center, located in the Olive Branch Metro Industrial Park, is expected to be filled with students within a few days.
DeSoto County Schools partnered financially with the City of Olive Branch and DeSoto County government to renovate the warehouse and create the new $709,400 tech center.
The Commercial Appeal reports the center is designed to provide students an easy transition from high school to continuing skills education at the technology center.
Qualifying students may choose from a variety of fields — transportation and logistics, public safety, health sciences or industrial maintenance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way