Alliance formed to market coal technology ‘TRIG’ globally
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2012
ATLANTA — Southern Company, through subsidiary Southern Generation Technologies, LLC, and KBR, LLC of Houston, Texas, have formed an alliance to market the coal technology transport integrated gasification (TRIG) to power companies worldwide.
Through this partnership, Southern Company and KBR will contribute their technical and marketing expertise, respectively, capitalizing on each company’s strengths in expanding TRIG technology to worldwide markets.
Mississippi Power, a Southern Company subsidiary, is using TRIG as the basis for its integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC) facility under construction in Kemper County.
With the signing of this agreement, KBR acquires exclusive global licensing rights for power generation in addition to its existing rights in industrial applications of TRIG. Southern Company will provide engineering and technology expertise and draw on its operations experience in support of KBR’s sales, marketing, licensing and design efforts.
Prior to this agreement, Southern Company and KBR licensed TRIG to the Tian Ming Electric Power Company for a facility under construction in China.
Southern Generation Technologies was formed in 2010 to license advanced power generation technology developed and owned by Southern Company and its subsidiaries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route