Court refuses to rehear businessmen’s defamation case
by Associated Press
Published: October 31,2012
GULFPORT — The state Court of Appeals has declined to take a second look at its May ruling that a Gulf Coast television station did not defame two businessmen.
Gerald “Heath” Hudson of Moss Point and his father, Arthur “Gerald” Hudson of Lucedale, sued WLOX-TV in 2006 in Harrison County Circuit Court.
A Harrison County jury in 2009 ruled for WLOX. The Appeals Court declined to hear any more appeals in the case.
The Hudsons, co-owners of H&H Construction Co., had claimed their reputation was damaged by a news story aired on June 21, 2006, and in a follow-up on June 26, 2006. The news stories involved dispute between the Hudsons and a property owner who had hired the Hudsons to build his home in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years