Egg company buying multiple facilities in Texas
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire the commercial egg operations of Maxim Production Co. Inc.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets to be purchased by Cal-Maine include a feed mill and two production complexes with capacity for approximately 3.5 million laying hens with related pullet capacity, all located near Boling, Texas. In addition, the acquisition will include contract capacity for approximately 500,000 laying hens near Gonzalez, Texas. Cal-Maine expects to close the transaction in November.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “Along with our recent acquisition of the Pilgrim’s Pride commercial egg operations, we have expanded our presence in Texas and enhanced our ability to serve our customers in this important market region. This transaction further advances our strategy to grow our business through selective acquisitions.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'