Egg company buying multiple facilities in Texas
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire the commercial egg operations of Maxim Production Co. Inc.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets to be purchased by Cal-Maine include a feed mill and two production complexes with capacity for approximately 3.5 million laying hens with related pullet capacity, all located near Boling, Texas. In addition, the acquisition will include contract capacity for approximately 500,000 laying hens near Gonzalez, Texas. Cal-Maine expects to close the transaction in November.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “Along with our recent acquisition of the Pilgrim’s Pride commercial egg operations, we have expanded our presence in Texas and enhanced our ability to serve our customers in this important market region. This transaction further advances our strategy to grow our business through selective acquisitions.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency