Egg company buying multiple facilities in Texas
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire the commercial egg operations of Maxim Production Co. Inc.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets to be purchased by Cal-Maine include a feed mill and two production complexes with capacity for approximately 3.5 million laying hens with related pullet capacity, all located near Boling, Texas. In addition, the acquisition will include contract capacity for approximately 500,000 laying hens near Gonzalez, Texas. Cal-Maine expects to close the transaction in November.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “Along with our recent acquisition of the Pilgrim’s Pride commercial egg operations, we have expanded our presence in Texas and enhanced our ability to serve our customers in this important market region. This transaction further advances our strategy to grow our business through selective acquisitions.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics