Egg company buying multiple facilities in Texas
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire the commercial egg operations of Maxim Production Co. Inc.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets to be purchased by Cal-Maine include a feed mill and two production complexes with capacity for approximately 3.5 million laying hens with related pullet capacity, all located near Boling, Texas. In addition, the acquisition will include contract capacity for approximately 500,000 laying hens near Gonzalez, Texas. Cal-Maine expects to close the transaction in November.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “Along with our recent acquisition of the Pilgrim’s Pride commercial egg operations, we have expanded our presence in Texas and enhanced our ability to serve our customers in this important market region. This transaction further advances our strategy to grow our business through selective acquisitions.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison