Toyota rolls out 25 millionth North American-built vehicle
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2012
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota celebrated the 25 millionth vehicle manufactured in North America today at a ceremony at its Georgetown, Ky. plant coinciding with the start of production for the all-new 2013 Avalon.
Of those 25 million vehicles, 111,000 were built in Mississippi at the Blue Springs plant, according to Toyota.
The milestone vehicle — a Classic Silver Hybrid Avalon — represents 26 years of manufacturing, a direct investment of nearly $24 billion in North American operations and 365,000 jobs created in the U.S., Toyota reports.
“Toyota’s 25 millionth vehicle signifies the tireless work of thousands of Toyota team members, hundreds of North American supplier partners, and great dealers giving their best every day,” said Steve St. Angelo, executive vice president of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?