Toyota rolls out 25 millionth North American-built vehicle
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2012
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota celebrated the 25 millionth vehicle manufactured in North America today at a ceremony at its Georgetown, Ky. plant coinciding with the start of production for the all-new 2013 Avalon.
Of those 25 million vehicles, 111,000 were built in Mississippi at the Blue Springs plant, according to Toyota.
The milestone vehicle — a Classic Silver Hybrid Avalon — represents 26 years of manufacturing, a direct investment of nearly $24 billion in North American operations and 365,000 jobs created in the U.S., Toyota reports.
“Toyota’s 25 millionth vehicle signifies the tireless work of thousands of Toyota team members, hundreds of North American supplier partners, and great dealers giving their best every day,” said Steve St. Angelo, executive vice president of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation