Toyota rolls out 25 millionth North American-built vehicle
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2012
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota celebrated the 25 millionth vehicle manufactured in North America today at a ceremony at its Georgetown, Ky. plant coinciding with the start of production for the all-new 2013 Avalon.
Of those 25 million vehicles, 111,000 were built in Mississippi at the Blue Springs plant, according to Toyota.
The milestone vehicle — a Classic Silver Hybrid Avalon — represents 26 years of manufacturing, a direct investment of nearly $24 billion in North American operations and 365,000 jobs created in the U.S., Toyota reports.
“Toyota’s 25 millionth vehicle signifies the tireless work of thousands of Toyota team members, hundreds of North American supplier partners, and great dealers giving their best every day,” said Steve St. Angelo, executive vice president of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district