Toyota rolls out 25 millionth North American-built vehicle
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2012
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota celebrated the 25 millionth vehicle manufactured in North America today at a ceremony at its Georgetown, Ky. plant coinciding with the start of production for the all-new 2013 Avalon.
Of those 25 million vehicles, 111,000 were built in Mississippi at the Blue Springs plant, according to Toyota.
The milestone vehicle — a Classic Silver Hybrid Avalon — represents 26 years of manufacturing, a direct investment of nearly $24 billion in North American operations and 365,000 jobs created in the U.S., Toyota reports.
“Toyota’s 25 millionth vehicle signifies the tireless work of thousands of Toyota team members, hundreds of North American supplier partners, and great dealers giving their best every day,” said Steve St. Angelo, executive vice president of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant