Insurance agent accused of stealing clients’ payments
Published: November 1,2012
ST. MARTIN — An insurance agent has been accused of failing to send customers’ insurance payments to insurers.
Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd said in a press release received by The Sun Herald 35-year-old Chad Michael Davis of St. Martin was arrested Tuesday.
Byrd says Davis was charged with two counts of felony false pretense involving two payments, one for $16,331 and the other $2,130.
He says the arrest came after sheriff’s and Mississippi Department of Insurance investigators reviewed complaints from customers who said insurance companies had not received their insurance payments.
County Court Judge T. Larry Wilson set his bond at $10,000. Davis is out of jail on bond.
It was unclear whether Davis has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well