Insurance agent accused of stealing clients’ payments
Published: November 1,2012
ST. MARTIN — An insurance agent has been accused of failing to send customers’ insurance payments to insurers.
Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd said in a press release received by The Sun Herald 35-year-old Chad Michael Davis of St. Martin was arrested Tuesday.
Byrd says Davis was charged with two counts of felony false pretense involving two payments, one for $16,331 and the other $2,130.
He says the arrest came after sheriff’s and Mississippi Department of Insurance investigators reviewed complaints from customers who said insurance companies had not received their insurance payments.
County Court Judge T. Larry Wilson set his bond at $10,000. Davis is out of jail on bond.
It was unclear whether Davis has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)