Insurance agent accused of stealing clients’ payments
Published: November 1,2012
ST. MARTIN — An insurance agent has been accused of failing to send customers’ insurance payments to insurers.
Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd said in a press release received by The Sun Herald 35-year-old Chad Michael Davis of St. Martin was arrested Tuesday.
Byrd says Davis was charged with two counts of felony false pretense involving two payments, one for $16,331 and the other $2,130.
He says the arrest came after sheriff’s and Mississippi Department of Insurance investigators reviewed complaints from customers who said insurance companies had not received their insurance payments.
County Court Judge T. Larry Wilson set his bond at $10,000. Davis is out of jail on bond.
It was unclear whether Davis has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics