Insurance agent accused of stealing clients’ payments
by Associated Press
Published: November 1,2012
ST. MARTIN — An insurance agent has been accused of failing to send customers’ insurance payments to insurers.
Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd said in a press release received by The Sun Herald 35-year-old Chad Michael Davis of St. Martin was arrested Tuesday.
Byrd says Davis was charged with two counts of felony false pretense involving two payments, one for $16,331 and the other $2,130.
He says the arrest came after sheriff’s and Mississippi Department of Insurance investigators reviewed complaints from customers who said insurance companies had not received their insurance payments.
County Court Judge T. Larry Wilson set his bond at $10,000. Davis is out of jail on bond.
It was unclear whether Davis has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early