Baltz named ‘MVP’
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Melissa Baltz has been named one of 10 MVPs by the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project (MVLP). Baltz is a member of the firm’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare Industry Team and e-discovery task force. She focuses her practice on medical liability defense and drug and medical device litigation.
Prior to joining Butler Snow, Baltz represented the Department of Veterans Affairs in U.S. District Court, New York state courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Merit Systems Protection Board and the Veterans Board of Contract Appeals. She also served as a special assistant United States attorney in New York. In 2009, Baltz received the Outstanding Service Award from the Capital Area Bar Association and she currently serves as chair of the Web Technology Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41