Baltz named ‘MVP’
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Melissa Baltz has been named one of 10 MVPs by the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project (MVLP). Baltz is a member of the firm’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare Industry Team and e-discovery task force. She focuses her practice on medical liability defense and drug and medical device litigation.
Prior to joining Butler Snow, Baltz represented the Department of Veterans Affairs in U.S. District Court, New York state courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Merit Systems Protection Board and the Veterans Board of Contract Appeals. She also served as a special assistant United States attorney in New York. In 2009, Baltz received the Outstanding Service Award from the Capital Area Bar Association and she currently serves as chair of the Web Technology Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments