Baltz named ‘MVP’
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Melissa Baltz has been named one of 10 MVPs by the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project (MVLP). Baltz is a member of the firm’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare Industry Team and e-discovery task force. She focuses her practice on medical liability defense and drug and medical device litigation.
Prior to joining Butler Snow, Baltz represented the Department of Veterans Affairs in U.S. District Court, New York state courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Merit Systems Protection Board and the Veterans Board of Contract Appeals. She also served as a special assistant United States attorney in New York. In 2009, Baltz received the Outstanding Service Award from the Capital Area Bar Association and she currently serves as chair of the Web Technology Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center