Baltz named ‘MVP’
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Melissa Baltz has been named one of 10 MVPs by the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project (MVLP). Baltz is a member of the firm’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare Industry Team and e-discovery task force. She focuses her practice on medical liability defense and drug and medical device litigation.
Prior to joining Butler Snow, Baltz represented the Department of Veterans Affairs in U.S. District Court, New York state courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Merit Systems Protection Board and the Veterans Board of Contract Appeals. She also served as a special assistant United States attorney in New York. In 2009, Baltz received the Outstanding Service Award from the Capital Area Bar Association and she currently serves as chair of the Web Technology Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software