Baltz named ‘MVP’
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Melissa Baltz has been named one of 10 MVPs by the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project (MVLP). Baltz is a member of the firm’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare Industry Team and e-discovery task force. She focuses her practice on medical liability defense and drug and medical device litigation.
Prior to joining Butler Snow, Baltz represented the Department of Veterans Affairs in U.S. District Court, New York state courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Merit Systems Protection Board and the Veterans Board of Contract Appeals. She also served as a special assistant United States attorney in New York. In 2009, Baltz received the Outstanding Service Award from the Capital Area Bar Association and she currently serves as chair of the Web Technology Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'