Campus gets new VP
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Dr. Carmen J. Walters has been named vice president of the Jackson County Campus of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Walters, who worked at Delgado Community College in New Orleans for 18 years, has experience in almost every aspect of community college management, from counselor and grant specialist to serving as assistant vice chancellor of human resources, her most recent position. She also has an extensive background in teaching accounting, computer literacy and business, and has made numerous presentations at state and national conferences, such as the National Tech Prep Network Annual Conference (2000), Jefferson Workforce 2000 Summit and the Tech Prep Educators Conference (2003). Walters received her bachelor of science degree in accounting and business administration from Southern University in New Orleans in 1984, a master’s of arts degree in postsecondary counseling from Xavier University in New Orleans in 1990 and a doctorate of philosophy in Community College Leadership from Mississippi State University in 2009. In 2002, she was listed on the list of “People to Watch” by New Orleans Publishing Group, won the Chancellor’s Cabinet Award of Excellence in 2004 and 2005 and the Delgado Community College Dolphin Award in 2003, 2004 and 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending