Company lands more than 50 colleges, universities as clients
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
JACKSON — Bomgar, a provider of secure remote support IT solutions, has added more than 50 colleges and universities as new customers in 2012.
In total, more than 500 education institutions have deployed Bomgar’s remote support solution, according to the Jackson-based firm. The list of new higher education customers so far this year includes the U.S. Air Force Academy, Pepperdine University, South Dakota State University, University of Pittsburgh, Princeton University and the University of North Carolina-Charlotte.
“Having a technician based on one side of campus trying to service classrooms that may be a 15-minute walk away can be problematic, particularly early in the morning or in the evening when we only have one person fielding calls,” said Ed Nickerson, chief information officer for La Salle University. “Our growing online and international programs presented another challenge. We needed a way to support those remote users as well. A phone call can’t always accomplish that. Having the ability to log on to their system remotely with Bomgar allows us to more quickly solve their issue.”
Colleges and universities currently benefiting from Bomgar include: all 12 members of the Big 10 Conference; nine of the 10 members of the Big 12 Conference; 12 of the 14 members of the Southeastern Conference; nine of the 16 members of the Big East Conference; seven of the 12 members of the PAC-12 Conference; five of the eight Ivy League schools; and, more than 40 community colleges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports