Elliott replaces Johnson
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Zane Elliott has been appointed clerk of Municipal Court in Corinth. The appointment was made by the city’s Board of Aldermen. The Daily Corinthian reports Elliott replaces Dianne Johnson, who recently retired after holding the job since 1980.
Elliott sells used automobiles and is manager of a real estate management company. He previously worked in management for Van-Atkins Department Stores and for ITT in inventory control. He is a lifelong resident of Alcorn County who graduated from Corinth High School and studied business administration at Mississippi State University.
He sought the office of tax collector in the 2011 Alcorn County election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus