Grocer reaches labor agreement affecting 9,000+ workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Kroger Co. associates working at 80 of the company’s Delta Division stores have ratified new labor agreements with UFCW Local 1529.
“We are pleased to reach an agreement that is good for our associates and allows us to be competitive in the region,” said Tim Brown, president of Kroger’s Delta Division. “I want to thank our associates for their patience during the negotiations process.”
The two contracts cover more than 9,040 associates working in 80 stores in West Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas and Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)