Grocer reaches labor agreement affecting 9,000+ workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Kroger Co. associates working at 80 of the company’s Delta Division stores have ratified new labor agreements with UFCW Local 1529.
“We are pleased to reach an agreement that is good for our associates and allows us to be competitive in the region,” said Tim Brown, president of Kroger’s Delta Division. “I want to thank our associates for their patience during the negotiations process.”
The two contracts cover more than 9,040 associates working in 80 stores in West Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas and Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location