Grocer reaches labor agreement affecting 9,000+ workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Kroger Co. associates working at 80 of the company’s Delta Division stores have ratified new labor agreements with UFCW Local 1529.
“We are pleased to reach an agreement that is good for our associates and allows us to be competitive in the region,” said Tim Brown, president of Kroger’s Delta Division. “I want to thank our associates for their patience during the negotiations process.”
The two contracts cover more than 9,040 associates working in 80 stores in West Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas and Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87