Grocer reaches labor agreement affecting 9,000+ workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Kroger Co. associates working at 80 of the company’s Delta Division stores have ratified new labor agreements with UFCW Local 1529.
“We are pleased to reach an agreement that is good for our associates and allows us to be competitive in the region,” said Tim Brown, president of Kroger’s Delta Division. “I want to thank our associates for their patience during the negotiations process.”
The two contracts cover more than 9,040 associates working in 80 stores in West Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas and Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'