Grocer reaches labor agreement affecting 9,000+ workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Kroger Co. associates working at 80 of the company’s Delta Division stores have ratified new labor agreements with UFCW Local 1529.
“We are pleased to reach an agreement that is good for our associates and allows us to be competitive in the region,” said Tim Brown, president of Kroger’s Delta Division. “I want to thank our associates for their patience during the negotiations process.”
The two contracts cover more than 9,040 associates working in 80 stores in West Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas and Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO