Hart succeeds Barkley
Ben Hart has been named news director at 16 WAPT-TV, the ABC affiliate in Jackson. Hart succeeds Bruce Barkley, who was promoted to news director at Hearst Television’s WYFF-TV in Greenville, S.C. Hart, who has deep roots in Mississippi, has served as 16 WAPT’s assistant news director since 2010.
He was born in Michigan but moved to Lexington in the early 1990s with his parents, who are Mississippians. He is a graduate of Mississippi State University and worked in radio and TV in the Columbus market before joining 16 WAPT 10 years ago.
Hart has served as a producer for ‘16 WAPT News.’ He then moved to New Orleans as a producer for WDSU-TV and later was promoted to KCRA/KQCW in Sacramento, Calif.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals