Hart succeeds Barkley
Ben Hart has been named news director at 16 WAPT-TV, the ABC affiliate in Jackson. Hart succeeds Bruce Barkley, who was promoted to news director at Hearst Television’s WYFF-TV in Greenville, S.C. Hart, who has deep roots in Mississippi, has served as 16 WAPT’s assistant news director since 2010.
He was born in Michigan but moved to Lexington in the early 1990s with his parents, who are Mississippians. He is a graduate of Mississippi State University and worked in radio and TV in the Columbus market before joining 16 WAPT 10 years ago.
Hart has served as a producer for ‘16 WAPT News.’ He then moved to New Orleans as a producer for WDSU-TV and later was promoted to KCRA/KQCW in Sacramento, Calif.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location