Hart succeeds Barkley
Ben Hart has been named news director at 16 WAPT-TV, the ABC affiliate in Jackson. Hart succeeds Bruce Barkley, who was promoted to news director at Hearst Television’s WYFF-TV in Greenville, S.C. Hart, who has deep roots in Mississippi, has served as 16 WAPT’s assistant news director since 2010.
He was born in Michigan but moved to Lexington in the early 1990s with his parents, who are Mississippians. He is a graduate of Mississippi State University and worked in radio and TV in the Columbus market before joining 16 WAPT 10 years ago.
Hart has served as a producer for ‘16 WAPT News.’ He then moved to New Orleans as a producer for WDSU-TV and later was promoted to KCRA/KQCW in Sacramento, Calif.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval