Hart succeeds Barkley
Ben Hart has been named news director at 16 WAPT-TV, the ABC affiliate in Jackson. Hart succeeds Bruce Barkley, who was promoted to news director at Hearst Television’s WYFF-TV in Greenville, S.C. Hart, who has deep roots in Mississippi, has served as 16 WAPT’s assistant news director since 2010.
He was born in Michigan but moved to Lexington in the early 1990s with his parents, who are Mississippians. He is a graduate of Mississippi State University and worked in radio and TV in the Columbus market before joining 16 WAPT 10 years ago.
Hart has served as a producer for ‘16 WAPT News.’ He then moved to New Orleans as a producer for WDSU-TV and later was promoted to KCRA/KQCW in Sacramento, Calif.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping