Hart succeeds Barkley
Ben Hart has been named news director at 16 WAPT-TV, the ABC affiliate in Jackson. Hart succeeds Bruce Barkley, who was promoted to news director at Hearst Television’s WYFF-TV in Greenville, S.C. Hart, who has deep roots in Mississippi, has served as 16 WAPT’s assistant news director since 2010.
He was born in Michigan but moved to Lexington in the early 1990s with his parents, who are Mississippians. He is a graduate of Mississippi State University and worked in radio and TV in the Columbus market before joining 16 WAPT 10 years ago.
Hart has served as a producer for ‘16 WAPT News.’ He then moved to New Orleans as a producer for WDSU-TV and later was promoted to KCRA/KQCW in Sacramento, Calif.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC