Johnson comes on board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Evelyn Johnson, a former executive at the Mississippi State Medical Association, has joined Capitol Resources, LLC’s state government relations team. Johnson, with a background as an association executive, registered nurse working at the State Capitol and paralegal, will focus on health care issues as well as other issues on behalf of Capitol Resources’ clients.
Johnson has a BS in nursing from Alcorn State University and an MBA from Belhaven University. She had multiple responsibilities at the Mississippi State Medical Association, including serving as director of continuing education, serving as executive director of the Mississippi Medical and Surgical Association since 2010 and providing nursing services at the state Capitol since 2006.
Prior to her tenure at the association, Johnson worked as a paralegal in a law firm from 1995-2010, focusing on medical litigation. And, prior to that, she worked as an orthopedic surgical nurse and a neonatal ICU critical care nurse for premature infants.
She is also personally familiar with the statehouse and state politics through her husband, state Rep. Robert Johnson of Natchez. They have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections