Johnson comes on board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Evelyn Johnson, a former executive at the Mississippi State Medical Association, has joined Capitol Resources, LLC’s state government relations team. Johnson, with a background as an association executive, registered nurse working at the State Capitol and paralegal, will focus on health care issues as well as other issues on behalf of Capitol Resources’ clients.
Johnson has a BS in nursing from Alcorn State University and an MBA from Belhaven University. She had multiple responsibilities at the Mississippi State Medical Association, including serving as director of continuing education, serving as executive director of the Mississippi Medical and Surgical Association since 2010 and providing nursing services at the state Capitol since 2006.
Prior to her tenure at the association, Johnson worked as a paralegal in a law firm from 1995-2010, focusing on medical litigation. And, prior to that, she worked as an orthopedic surgical nurse and a neonatal ICU critical care nurse for premature infants.
She is also personally familiar with the statehouse and state politics through her husband, state Rep. Robert Johnson of Natchez. They have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.