Johnson comes on board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Evelyn Johnson, a former executive at the Mississippi State Medical Association, has joined Capitol Resources, LLC’s state government relations team. Johnson, with a background as an association executive, registered nurse working at the State Capitol and paralegal, will focus on health care issues as well as other issues on behalf of Capitol Resources’ clients.
Johnson has a BS in nursing from Alcorn State University and an MBA from Belhaven University. She had multiple responsibilities at the Mississippi State Medical Association, including serving as director of continuing education, serving as executive director of the Mississippi Medical and Surgical Association since 2010 and providing nursing services at the state Capitol since 2006.
Prior to her tenure at the association, Johnson worked as a paralegal in a law firm from 1995-2010, focusing on medical litigation. And, prior to that, she worked as an orthopedic surgical nurse and a neonatal ICU critical care nurse for premature infants.
She is also personally familiar with the statehouse and state politics through her husband, state Rep. Robert Johnson of Natchez. They have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him