MTA welcomes Hicks
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Rochelle Hicks is the new executive director of the Mississippi Tourism Association. Hicks comes to MTA with more than 15 years of experience in the tourism industry and was the deputy director of Ridgeland Tourism Commission. Prior to that, Hicks gained sales and marketing experience in the hotel and casino industries within Jackson and Natchez.
Among her accolades, Hicks was recognized as Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, Class of 2012. She is active in the community by serving as the communications vice president for the Junior League of Jackson and is a member of the Mississippi Society of Association Executives and Southeast Tourism Society among other professional organizations.
Hicks majored in business administration at the University of Louisiana. She is a certified travel industry specialist and a travel marketing professional.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law