MTA welcomes Hicks
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Rochelle Hicks is the new executive director of the Mississippi Tourism Association. Hicks comes to MTA with more than 15 years of experience in the tourism industry and was the deputy director of Ridgeland Tourism Commission. Prior to that, Hicks gained sales and marketing experience in the hotel and casino industries within Jackson and Natchez.
Among her accolades, Hicks was recognized as Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, Class of 2012. She is active in the community by serving as the communications vice president for the Junior League of Jackson and is a member of the Mississippi Society of Association Executives and Southeast Tourism Society among other professional organizations.
Hicks majored in business administration at the University of Louisiana. She is a certified travel industry specialist and a travel marketing professional.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County