MTA welcomes Hicks
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Rochelle Hicks is the new executive director of the Mississippi Tourism Association. Hicks comes to MTA with more than 15 years of experience in the tourism industry and was the deputy director of Ridgeland Tourism Commission. Prior to that, Hicks gained sales and marketing experience in the hotel and casino industries within Jackson and Natchez.
Among her accolades, Hicks was recognized as Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, Class of 2012. She is active in the community by serving as the communications vice president for the Junior League of Jackson and is a member of the Mississippi Society of Association Executives and Southeast Tourism Society among other professional organizations.
Hicks majored in business administration at the University of Louisiana. She is a certified travel industry specialist and a travel marketing professional.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability