MTA welcomes Hicks
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Rochelle Hicks is the new executive director of the Mississippi Tourism Association. Hicks comes to MTA with more than 15 years of experience in the tourism industry and was the deputy director of Ridgeland Tourism Commission. Prior to that, Hicks gained sales and marketing experience in the hotel and casino industries within Jackson and Natchez.
Among her accolades, Hicks was recognized as Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, Class of 2012. She is active in the community by serving as the communications vice president for the Junior League of Jackson and is a member of the Mississippi Society of Association Executives and Southeast Tourism Society among other professional organizations.
Hicks majored in business administration at the University of Louisiana. She is a certified travel industry specialist and a travel marketing professional.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending