MTA welcomes Hicks
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Rochelle Hicks is the new executive director of the Mississippi Tourism Association. Hicks comes to MTA with more than 15 years of experience in the tourism industry and was the deputy director of Ridgeland Tourism Commission. Prior to that, Hicks gained sales and marketing experience in the hotel and casino industries within Jackson and Natchez.
Among her accolades, Hicks was recognized as Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, Class of 2012. She is active in the community by serving as the communications vice president for the Junior League of Jackson and is a member of the Mississippi Society of Association Executives and Southeast Tourism Society among other professional organizations.
Hicks majored in business administration at the University of Louisiana. She is a certified travel industry specialist and a travel marketing professional.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions