Shropshire to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Mississippi Wildlife Federation executive director Dr. Cathy Shropshire is retiring effective Dec. 31. During Shropshire’s tenure, MWF instituted many innovative conservation programs now in place in Mississippi and around the country, including the Camo Coalition, Hunters Harvest, Katfishin’ Kids, Outdoorama and Magnolia Records.
Shropshire was instrumental in the development of the Habitat Stewards program to protect natural lands on Mississippi’s Coast. In this position she served on the Mississippi State Wildlife and Fisheries Advisory Committee, Natural Resources Conservation Services Technical Committee, board of the Mississippi Institute for Forest Inventory, board of Catch-A-Dream Foundation and Partners for Fish and Wildlife Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million