Shropshire to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Mississippi Wildlife Federation executive director Dr. Cathy Shropshire is retiring effective Dec. 31. During Shropshire’s tenure, MWF instituted many innovative conservation programs now in place in Mississippi and around the country, including the Camo Coalition, Hunters Harvest, Katfishin’ Kids, Outdoorama and Magnolia Records.
Shropshire was instrumental in the development of the Habitat Stewards program to protect natural lands on Mississippi’s Coast. In this position she served on the Mississippi State Wildlife and Fisheries Advisory Committee, Natural Resources Conservation Services Technical Committee, board of the Mississippi Institute for Forest Inventory, board of Catch-A-Dream Foundation and Partners for Fish and Wildlife Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November