Shropshire to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Mississippi Wildlife Federation executive director Dr. Cathy Shropshire is retiring effective Dec. 31. During Shropshire’s tenure, MWF instituted many innovative conservation programs now in place in Mississippi and around the country, including the Camo Coalition, Hunters Harvest, Katfishin’ Kids, Outdoorama and Magnolia Records.
Shropshire was instrumental in the development of the Habitat Stewards program to protect natural lands on Mississippi’s Coast. In this position she served on the Mississippi State Wildlife and Fisheries Advisory Committee, Natural Resources Conservation Services Technical Committee, board of the Mississippi Institute for Forest Inventory, board of Catch-A-Dream Foundation and Partners for Fish and Wildlife Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending