Shropshire to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Mississippi Wildlife Federation executive director Dr. Cathy Shropshire is retiring effective Dec. 31. During Shropshire’s tenure, MWF instituted many innovative conservation programs now in place in Mississippi and around the country, including the Camo Coalition, Hunters Harvest, Katfishin’ Kids, Outdoorama and Magnolia Records.
Shropshire was instrumental in the development of the Habitat Stewards program to protect natural lands on Mississippi’s Coast. In this position she served on the Mississippi State Wildlife and Fisheries Advisory Committee, Natural Resources Conservation Services Technical Committee, board of the Mississippi Institute for Forest Inventory, board of Catch-A-Dream Foundation and Partners for Fish and Wildlife Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets