Shropshire to retire
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2012
Mississippi Wildlife Federation executive director Dr. Cathy Shropshire is retiring effective Dec. 31. During Shropshire’s tenure, MWF instituted many innovative conservation programs now in place in Mississippi and around the country, including the Camo Coalition, Hunters Harvest, Katfishin’ Kids, Outdoorama and Magnolia Records.
Shropshire was instrumental in the development of the Habitat Stewards program to protect natural lands on Mississippi’s Coast. In this position she served on the Mississippi State Wildlife and Fisheries Advisory Committee, Natural Resources Conservation Services Technical Committee, board of the Mississippi Institute for Forest Inventory, board of Catch-A-Dream Foundation and Partners for Fish and Wildlife Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau