Coast woman accused of posing as bail agent
Published: November 6,2012
GULFPORT — A 33-year-old Gulfport woman posing as a bail agent and collecting thousands of dollars from clients of A Grant Bail Bonding has been arrested on two felony charges of false pretense.
Harrison County Sheriff’s Maj. Ron Pullen tells The Sun Herald Susan A. Johnson was arrested after deputies received a tip about her possible whereabouts in Pass Christian.
After sheriff’s deputies got to the home, Pullen says, Johnson attempted to flee on foot but was quickly captured.
He says Johnson had collected about $4,900 from two clients of A Grant Bail Bonding.
It was unclear whether Johnson has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks