Coast woman accused of posing as bail agent
Published: November 6,2012
GULFPORT — A 33-year-old Gulfport woman posing as a bail agent and collecting thousands of dollars from clients of A Grant Bail Bonding has been arrested on two felony charges of false pretense.
Harrison County Sheriff’s Maj. Ron Pullen tells The Sun Herald Susan A. Johnson was arrested after deputies received a tip about her possible whereabouts in Pass Christian.
After sheriff’s deputies got to the home, Pullen says, Johnson attempted to flee on foot but was quickly captured.
He says Johnson had collected about $4,900 from two clients of A Grant Bail Bonding.
It was unclear whether Johnson has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity