Coast woman accused of posing as bail agent
Published: November 6,2012
GULFPORT — A 33-year-old Gulfport woman posing as a bail agent and collecting thousands of dollars from clients of A Grant Bail Bonding has been arrested on two felony charges of false pretense.
Harrison County Sheriff’s Maj. Ron Pullen tells The Sun Herald Susan A. Johnson was arrested after deputies received a tip about her possible whereabouts in Pass Christian.
After sheriff’s deputies got to the home, Pullen says, Johnson attempted to flee on foot but was quickly captured.
He says Johnson had collected about $4,900 from two clients of A Grant Bail Bonding.
It was unclear whether Johnson has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus