Coast woman accused of posing as bail agent
Published: November 6,2012
GULFPORT — A 33-year-old Gulfport woman posing as a bail agent and collecting thousands of dollars from clients of A Grant Bail Bonding has been arrested on two felony charges of false pretense.
Harrison County Sheriff’s Maj. Ron Pullen tells The Sun Herald Susan A. Johnson was arrested after deputies received a tip about her possible whereabouts in Pass Christian.
After sheriff’s deputies got to the home, Pullen says, Johnson attempted to flee on foot but was quickly captured.
He says Johnson had collected about $4,900 from two clients of A Grant Bail Bonding.
It was unclear whether Johnson has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs