Coast woman accused of posing as bail agent
Published: November 6,2012
GULFPORT — A 33-year-old Gulfport woman posing as a bail agent and collecting thousands of dollars from clients of A Grant Bail Bonding has been arrested on two felony charges of false pretense.
Harrison County Sheriff’s Maj. Ron Pullen tells The Sun Herald Susan A. Johnson was arrested after deputies received a tip about her possible whereabouts in Pass Christian.
After sheriff’s deputies got to the home, Pullen says, Johnson attempted to flee on foot but was quickly captured.
He says Johnson had collected about $4,900 from two clients of A Grant Bail Bonding.
It was unclear whether Johnson has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending