Companies invited to Mexico for furniture trade show
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2012
MEXICO CITY, Mexico — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) is inviting Mississippi businesses to participate in Magna Expo Mueblera, a Mexican supplier show for the furniture industry, to be held Jan. 23-26, 2013, in Mexico City, Mexico.
The show will connect participating Mississippi companies in the home/office furniture and furniture supplies industries with business opportunities in Latin America.
During the exhibition, participating Mississippi businesses will meet one-on-one with qualified buyers regarding their products and services, according to MDA. Qualified businesses are eligible to receive financial assistance through the U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Mississippi State Trade Export Promotion (STEP) grant program to offset certain costs related to the trip.
“In 2011, U.S. furniture exports to Mexico totaled $1.3 billion, a 20 percent increase from 2010. Each year for the past few years, our state’s exports to Mexico have increased. With the free trade agreement in place between the U.S. and Mexico, numerous opportunities exist for Mississippi businesses considering exporting to Mexico,” said Rose Boxx, MDA’s Latin America trade specialist.
MDA and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) are providing participating businesses with financial and administrative support in regards to the event through the STEP Program. Participating businesses are reimbursed up to 50 percent of their travel costs and are provided translation services at no cost. Additional services include scheduled business appointments with qualified buyers covered at 50 percent, free booth space and logistical support, including local transportation assistance and a customized itinerary.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline to register is Nov. 26.
For more information or to obtain a registration form, please contact Boxx at (601) 359-3045 or e-mail email@example.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino