Officials expected to OK city’s first gaming venue
Published: November 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council is expected to give the final approvals for the city’s first casino.
The Sun Herald reports the council will vote today on four measures that will allow Land Holdings I to build a casino on the Back Bay. The company hasn’t yet announced the name of the casino.
Before the final master plan is accepted, the council has to approve the development agreement that had been tabled until the developer acquired additional land for the project.
The casino resort has been downsized since the original amount was approved.
The developer also is requesting a variance for a sign that will extend beyond the roof of the building.
The state Gaming Commission also must approve the casino before construction can begin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry