Officials expected to OK city’s first gaming venue
Published: November 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council is expected to give the final approvals for the city’s first casino.
The Sun Herald reports the council will vote today on four measures that will allow Land Holdings I to build a casino on the Back Bay. The company hasn’t yet announced the name of the casino.
Before the final master plan is accepted, the council has to approve the development agreement that had been tabled until the developer acquired additional land for the project.
The casino resort has been downsized since the original amount was approved.
The developer also is requesting a variance for a sign that will extend beyond the roof of the building.
The state Gaming Commission also must approve the casino before construction can begin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years