Officials expected to OK city’s first gaming venue
by Associated Press
Published: November 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council is expected to give the final approvals for the city’s first casino.
The Sun Herald reports the council will vote today on four measures that will allow Land Holdings I to build a casino on the Back Bay. The company hasn’t yet announced the name of the casino.
Before the final master plan is accepted, the council has to approve the development agreement that had been tabled until the developer acquired additional land for the project.
The casino resort has been downsized since the original amount was approved.
The developer also is requesting a variance for a sign that will extend beyond the roof of the building.
The state Gaming Commission also must approve the casino before construction can begin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil