Officials expected to OK city’s first gaming venue
Published: November 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council is expected to give the final approvals for the city’s first casino.
The Sun Herald reports the council will vote today on four measures that will allow Land Holdings I to build a casino on the Back Bay. The company hasn’t yet announced the name of the casino.
Before the final master plan is accepted, the council has to approve the development agreement that had been tabled until the developer acquired additional land for the project.
The casino resort has been downsized since the original amount was approved.
The developer also is requesting a variance for a sign that will extend beyond the roof of the building.
The state Gaming Commission also must approve the casino before construction can begin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast