Officials expected to OK city’s first gaming venue
Published: November 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council is expected to give the final approvals for the city’s first casino.
The Sun Herald reports the council will vote today on four measures that will allow Land Holdings I to build a casino on the Back Bay. The company hasn’t yet announced the name of the casino.
Before the final master plan is accepted, the council has to approve the development agreement that had been tabled until the developer acquired additional land for the project.
The casino resort has been downsized since the original amount was approved.
The developer also is requesting a variance for a sign that will extend beyond the roof of the building.
The state Gaming Commission also must approve the casino before construction can begin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager