Polymer group connects client with manfacturer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2012
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi reports the Mississippi Polymer Institute at helped connect a client with a manufacturer that resulted in 18 new jobs and $2.5 million in increased sales.
When MPI was contacted by a company seeking assistance with a custom injection molding project, Institute executives provided a list of respectable manufacturers. The client contacted John Robinson with Excel Injection Molding of Hattiesburg and a business deal ensued.
Excel Injection Molding was able to respond to the client’s request for work and qualified as a supplier. As a result of the increased work, Excel has increased sales by $2.5 million, made capital investments of $220,000 and hired 18 additional employees.
“Excel has often worked with MPI on programs covering nearly every facet of injection molding, including prototype development, material analyses, and quality inspection; always with outstanding results,” said Kenneth Fair, director of engineering at Excel. “I have recommended them to other manufacturers within the state of Mississippi and will continue to do so in the future.”
Founded in 1995, Excel has grown from an initial operation of 12 employees in a 6,000-square-foot building to over 50 employees in a 45,000-square-foot facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability