Polymer group connects client with manfacturer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2012
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi reports the Mississippi Polymer Institute at helped connect a client with a manufacturer that resulted in 18 new jobs and $2.5 million in increased sales.
When MPI was contacted by a company seeking assistance with a custom injection molding project, Institute executives provided a list of respectable manufacturers. The client contacted John Robinson with Excel Injection Molding of Hattiesburg and a business deal ensued.
Excel Injection Molding was able to respond to the client’s request for work and qualified as a supplier. As a result of the increased work, Excel has increased sales by $2.5 million, made capital investments of $220,000 and hired 18 additional employees.
“Excel has often worked with MPI on programs covering nearly every facet of injection molding, including prototype development, material analyses, and quality inspection; always with outstanding results,” said Kenneth Fair, director of engineering at Excel. “I have recommended them to other manufacturers within the state of Mississippi and will continue to do so in the future.”
Founded in 1995, Excel has grown from an initial operation of 12 employees in a 6,000-square-foot building to over 50 employees in a 45,000-square-foot facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner