Polymer group connects client with manfacturer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2012
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi reports the Mississippi Polymer Institute at helped connect a client with a manufacturer that resulted in 18 new jobs and $2.5 million in increased sales.
When MPI was contacted by a company seeking assistance with a custom injection molding project, Institute executives provided a list of respectable manufacturers. The client contacted John Robinson with Excel Injection Molding of Hattiesburg and a business deal ensued.
Excel Injection Molding was able to respond to the client’s request for work and qualified as a supplier. As a result of the increased work, Excel has increased sales by $2.5 million, made capital investments of $220,000 and hired 18 additional employees.
“Excel has often worked with MPI on programs covering nearly every facet of injection molding, including prototype development, material analyses, and quality inspection; always with outstanding results,” said Kenneth Fair, director of engineering at Excel. “I have recommended them to other manufacturers within the state of Mississippi and will continue to do so in the future.”
Founded in 1995, Excel has grown from an initial operation of 12 employees in a 6,000-square-foot building to over 50 employees in a 45,000-square-foot facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force