Construction show/mission to be held in Caribbean
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2012
Tags: build, builder, building, construction, contractor, economic development, export, exporter, exporting, exposition, foreign market, import, importer, importing, international trade, mission, state agency, subcontractor, trade show
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) invites Mississippi businesses to participate in a building/construction exposition and business development mission from March 1-7, 2013, in Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
The event will connect Mississippi firms in the building and construction industry with business opportunities in these three Caribbean markets. During the trip, participating Mississippi businesses will meet one-on-one with qualified buyers regarding their products and services.
Qualified small businesses are eligible to receive financial assistance through the U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Mississippi State Trade Export Promotion (STEP) grant program to offset certain costs related to the trip. The STEP program provides participating businesses with financial and administrative support in regards to the event. Participating businesses are reimbursed up to 50 percent of their travel costs and are provided translation services at no cost.
Additional services include: Pre-mission market research to assess businesses’ potential in the three markets; all-inclusive mission coordination; business appointments with qualified buyers (related fees are covered by MDA and the U.S. Small Business Administration at 75 percent); and, customized itinerary and logistical support.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline to register is November 30. For more information or to obtain a registration form, contact Rose Boxx at (601) 359-3045, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal