Smith opening office
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2012
Smith Seckman Reid Inc., a Nashville-based engineering design and facilities consulting firm, has hired Edwin “Sharpie” Smith, PE, to open the firm’s newest office in Jackson. Smith joins SSR after 21 years with the Mississippi Department of Transportation. While at MDOT, Smith developed a comprehensive statewide Local Public Agency (LPA) Program. He also developed the first computer programs for the tracking and payment of contractors, and designed a salt brine production system to be used during winter conditions. Most recently he served as the state LPA engineer, responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction of LPA projects funded by the Federal Highway Administration. He is a member of the Mississippi Wastewater Advisory Board.
Smith has been recognized by both MDOT and the Southeast Chapter of the Mississippi Engineering Society for his service. He graduated from Mississippi State University with a bachelor of science in civil engineering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing