Smith opening office
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2012
Smith Seckman Reid Inc., a Nashville-based engineering design and facilities consulting firm, has hired Edwin “Sharpie” Smith, PE, to open the firm’s newest office in Jackson. Smith joins SSR after 21 years with the Mississippi Department of Transportation. While at MDOT, Smith developed a comprehensive statewide Local Public Agency (LPA) Program. He also developed the first computer programs for the tracking and payment of contractors, and designed a salt brine production system to be used during winter conditions. Most recently he served as the state LPA engineer, responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction of LPA projects funded by the Federal Highway Administration. He is a member of the Mississippi Wastewater Advisory Board.
Smith has been recognized by both MDOT and the Southeast Chapter of the Mississippi Engineering Society for his service. He graduated from Mississippi State University with a bachelor of science in civil engineering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”