Smith opening office
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2012
Smith Seckman Reid Inc., a Nashville-based engineering design and facilities consulting firm, has hired Edwin “Sharpie” Smith, PE, to open the firm’s newest office in Jackson. Smith joins SSR after 21 years with the Mississippi Department of Transportation. While at MDOT, Smith developed a comprehensive statewide Local Public Agency (LPA) Program. He also developed the first computer programs for the tracking and payment of contractors, and designed a salt brine production system to be used during winter conditions. Most recently he served as the state LPA engineer, responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction of LPA projects funded by the Federal Highway Administration. He is a member of the Mississippi Wastewater Advisory Board.
Smith has been recognized by both MDOT and the Southeast Chapter of the Mississippi Engineering Society for his service. He graduated from Mississippi State University with a bachelor of science in civil engineering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete