Smith opening office
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2012
Smith Seckman Reid Inc., a Nashville-based engineering design and facilities consulting firm, has hired Edwin “Sharpie” Smith, PE, to open the firm’s newest office in Jackson. Smith joins SSR after 21 years with the Mississippi Department of Transportation. While at MDOT, Smith developed a comprehensive statewide Local Public Agency (LPA) Program. He also developed the first computer programs for the tracking and payment of contractors, and designed a salt brine production system to be used during winter conditions. Most recently he served as the state LPA engineer, responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction of LPA projects funded by the Federal Highway Administration. He is a member of the Mississippi Wastewater Advisory Board.
Smith has been recognized by both MDOT and the Southeast Chapter of the Mississippi Engineering Society for his service. He graduated from Mississippi State University with a bachelor of science in civil engineering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal