Environmental lab owner charged with falsifying records
by Associated Press
Published: November 12,2012
JACKSON — The owner of an environmental laboratory in Mississippi has been charged with falsifying records on industrial wastewater samples that she was hired to test.
Tennie White, owner and sole operator of Mississippi Environmental Analytical Laboratories Inc., was indicted in U.S. District Court in Jackson. She’s charged with two counts of making false statements and one count of obstruction.
The indictment says that Borg Warner Emissions Systems Inc. hired White to test wastewater discharge at its car parts plant in Water Valley. The tests were used for reports that were submitted to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
The indictment alleges that White created three reports in 2009 that indicated testing had been done, when it had not.
Court records didn’t list an attorney. The lab’s number was disconnected.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy