Environmental lab owner charged with falsifying records
by Associated Press
Published: November 12,2012
JACKSON — The owner of an environmental laboratory in Mississippi has been charged with falsifying records on industrial wastewater samples that she was hired to test.
Tennie White, owner and sole operator of Mississippi Environmental Analytical Laboratories Inc., was indicted in U.S. District Court in Jackson. She’s charged with two counts of making false statements and one count of obstruction.
The indictment says that Borg Warner Emissions Systems Inc. hired White to test wastewater discharge at its car parts plant in Water Valley. The tests were used for reports that were submitted to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
The indictment alleges that White created three reports in 2009 that indicated testing had been done, when it had not.
Court records didn’t list an attorney. The lab’s number was disconnected.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award