Section of Natchez Trace reopening after months of repairs
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2012
MADISON COUNTY — The National Park Service has completed repairs to a damaged section of the Natchez Trace Parkway at milepost 94.9, south of Ridgeland, and will reopen the Parkway to vehicular traffic tomorrow, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
This section has been closed to motorized vehicles since March 14 after engineers identified a major safety hazard that had the potential to lead to a collapse of the roadway due to embankment instability.
The National Park Service partnered with the Federal Highway Administration to make repairs to the roadway.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015