Section of Natchez Trace reopening after months of repairs
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2012
MADISON COUNTY — The National Park Service has completed repairs to a damaged section of the Natchez Trace Parkway at milepost 94.9, south of Ridgeland, and will reopen the Parkway to vehicular traffic tomorrow, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
This section has been closed to motorized vehicles since March 14 after engineers identified a major safety hazard that had the potential to lead to a collapse of the roadway due to embankment instability.
The National Park Service partnered with the Federal Highway Administration to make repairs to the roadway.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil