Section of Natchez Trace reopening after months of repairs
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2012
MADISON COUNTY — The National Park Service has completed repairs to a damaged section of the Natchez Trace Parkway at milepost 94.9, south of Ridgeland, and will reopen the Parkway to vehicular traffic tomorrow, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
This section has been closed to motorized vehicles since March 14 after engineers identified a major safety hazard that had the potential to lead to a collapse of the roadway due to embankment instability.
The National Park Service partnered with the Federal Highway Administration to make repairs to the roadway.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county