Section of Natchez Trace reopening after months of repairs
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2012
MADISON COUNTY — The National Park Service has completed repairs to a damaged section of the Natchez Trace Parkway at milepost 94.9, south of Ridgeland, and will reopen the Parkway to vehicular traffic tomorrow, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
This section has been closed to motorized vehicles since March 14 after engineers identified a major safety hazard that had the potential to lead to a collapse of the roadway due to embankment instability.
The National Park Service partnered with the Federal Highway Administration to make repairs to the roadway.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal