Section of Natchez Trace reopening after months of repairs
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2012
MADISON COUNTY — The National Park Service has completed repairs to a damaged section of the Natchez Trace Parkway at milepost 94.9, south of Ridgeland, and will reopen the Parkway to vehicular traffic tomorrow, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
This section has been closed to motorized vehicles since March 14 after engineers identified a major safety hazard that had the potential to lead to a collapse of the roadway due to embankment instability.
The National Park Service partnered with the Federal Highway Administration to make repairs to the roadway.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur