Southern Pine to refund $2.5M in capital credits
Published: November 13,2012
TAYLORSVILLE — Southern Pine Electric Power Association has announced $2.5 million in capital credit refunds for the 2011 fiscal year.
SPEPA general manager Donald L. Jordan says refund checks will be mailed starting in mid-December.
Jordan says checks will be issued for amounts $25 and over. Customers getting less than $25 will receive a credit on their account.
The amount of the check is based on the amount of electricity each member used in 2011.
Jordan says the refunds represent the amount remaining after all operating, maintenance and general expenses are deducted from the year’s collections.
Southern Pine, headquartered in Taylorsville, has 65,000 meters in 11 counties in central and south Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey