Southern Pine to refund $2.5M in capital credits
by Associated Press
Published: November 13,2012
TAYLORSVILLE — Southern Pine Electric Power Association has announced $2.5 million in capital credit refunds for the 2011 fiscal year.
SPEPA general manager Donald L. Jordan says refund checks will be mailed starting in mid-December.
Jordan says checks will be issued for amounts $25 and over. Customers getting less than $25 will receive a credit on their account.
The amount of the check is based on the amount of electricity each member used in 2011.
Jordan says the refunds represent the amount remaining after all operating, maintenance and general expenses are deducted from the year’s collections.
Southern Pine, headquartered in Taylorsville, has 65,000 meters in 11 counties in central and south Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Tennessee-based manufacturer sites plant in industrial park